Zoomed background image on mobile

Hello everyone!

I’ve seen this issue before but have not had success in solving it.

My desktop version performs and displays just as I’d expect it to. But my mobile version is zoomed in too far. See screenshots for reference.

Thank you for the help!

Hello there,

Try enabling responsive slide header by going to your site’s admin dashboard (/wp-admin) > Header area > Header Slider; scroll down until you get the section that reads “Slider mobile behavior”; and enable responsive.

Regards,
Kharis

Hmm I can’t seem to find that option. From the dashboard I went to Appearance>Header>Header Slider but there are only options to add slides nothing referring to a mobile site.

Which version of Sydney are you running? Is it the latest?

Regards,
Kharis

I believe so. Running Version: 1.34

Hello there,

The latest version of Sydney is now 1.53

Didn’t the update notice appear in your dashboard?

Regards,
Kharis

No updates are available - see attached for what my dashboard looks like. It appears that everything is up to date.

Hello there,

Those facts should install Sydney version 1.53

If doesn’t, probably something else stop sending update notification. Try manually update the theme over FTP program. Firstly, delete current Sydney theme from Dashboard > Appearance. Then follow this instruction:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes#Adding_New_Themes_Manually_.28FTP.29

Regards,
Kharis

Ok - I updated the theme. Running 1.53, cleared all caches and still experiencing a zoomed background on mobile only on our site www.finadd.com

Would it be possible to just disable the background image on mobile all together?

I tried using the CSS code on this page and while the image shrunk, it was very distorted. Any help?

Hello there,

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
  body.custom-background {
    background-size: cover !important;
    background-attachment: scroll !important;
  }
}

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

I added the code, cleared caches and tried again - no change.