Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue

Please I need help to resolve this issue. It’s been up to a month now that I’m trying to fix this.
Find below, the email I receive every day about this issue.

Thanks for your anticipated help

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Sydney.

First, visit your website (https://xxx/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://xxxx/wp-login.php) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://xxxx

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.3.2
Current theme: Sydney Child (version 1.0)
Current plugin: (version )
PHP version 7.3.9

Error Details

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 22 of the file /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php. Error message: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18)

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the latest versions of Sydney theme and Sydney Toolbox plugin. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I have this same error, and now the activation link won’t even work and it’s coming up with a new ‘debugging’ error.

"There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress."

Please contact me and let me know how I can fix my site ASAP - I need it up as I have a client wishing to view it to purchase!!

Hello @STAGE,

Can you please create a new topic for your issue (with a link to your website) in order to make it easier to help you? You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site on this forum.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Please does anyone have a solution to this issue?

"> There has been a critical error on your website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress."

My site has down for months and it’s really frustrating. I’ll appreciate any help.
Thanks

Hello @joeconsult ,

Please make sure that you have the latest versions of Sydney theme and Sydney Toolbox plugin.

You can update them manually, here is a relevant tutorial:

But please let me know if you need more help with this.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support