WordPress 5.2.1 and Katori theme compatibility

Hello,

I’m helping a novice friend managing his website based on your wonderful Katori theme.
I’m not a wp professional but I know some basics and rudiments to do it.

We built the website a year and half ago (only one and final version of static informational website) and we were extremely happy with it. Particularly with your Katori theme (flexibility, cleanliness, esthetic, etc…) and we would like to thank you very much for building it.

A couple of days ago my friend contacts me and told me that his website went blank (diplay).

I made a diag after disabling all pulgins etc. and all the content is there (when browsing its content and displaying the web pages html sources).

I decided to restore the original version and everything went back ok.

But the day after the same problem occurred and keep occurring each time after couple of hours I perform a restore.

I discovered that the problem is happening just after wordpress do its auto upade to the WordPress 5.2.1 version.

Do you have and idea or a procedure I should follow to solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

PS – The same problem seems occurring with the Katori theme preview here:

https://wp-themes.com/katori/

Hello,

It’s a theme issue, try to use the following CSS code as a temporary workaround before we fix the issue. You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

body #page {
    display: unset;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi

First of all, thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I did try the suggested workaround. We got back the home page but the menu and navigation button were disabled. So visitors can’t navigate and visit other pages.

I’m wondering if there’s way activating them using the same or similar workaround.

Again thank you for your precious support/help.

Hello,

Please try to update to Katori 1.05 and remove the CSS code that I posted earlier, everything should work properly now.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support