Woocommerce

Hello,
I have been editing the sydney pro theme very easily and it is a great theme.
However I am having struggle when it comes to design my shop page with woocomerce,
I was wondering if there was a walkthrough on how to setup the shop page on the sydney theme?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards .

Benjamin

Hello Benjamin,

Can you please specify what exactly do you want to change?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

Right now I have this: (see picture)
Actual View of Shop

I want to get something more alive
For example, remove Home/shop & Shop title

Have something better for people to select their food to be delivered
The best would be to have the products name and description in lignes instead of just some bloc of image

Thank you for the help.

BR
Benjamin

Okay Benjamin,

You can remove those elements by overriding .php template or you can just hide them with the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.archive.woocommerce.woocommerce-page .woocommerce-breadcrumb,
.archive.woocommerce.woocommerce-page .archive-title {
    display: none;
}

I’m not sure what do you mean by saying “products name and description in lignes”.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have a similar problem with the default view of a shop page on Sydney Pro with WooCommerce.

I cannot find any widget or pre-built layout (SiteOrigin, WooCommerce, or Sydney) for any shop page but the example given in your demo page http://demo.athemes.com/sydney-pro/shop/ is nowhere close to what I get in my layout. I only have line items for each product.

I would really like the filter, the default sorting, and the grid of pictures with descriptions and add to cart button as shown on your demo site.

Am I missing something here?

How does the layout get edited or established for the store? Is there a widget or template I am missing from installation? The demo clearly shows a WooCommerce integrated shop layout available with the theme. That was a major consideration to purchasing the theme.

I paid for Sydney Pro but am not getting very timely support. My store is not suitable for posting due to this issue. I need to get the store online. Please respond to my inquiry above.

Hello Matthew,

Sorry for the delay (it is better to create your own topic for your question because new topics usually get faster answers).

You can use WooSidebars plugin to achieve that look of Shop page’s sidebar.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.