WooCommerce USPS Insurance

I am setting up the final stages of a clients new website and I am using WooCommerce for the Online Shopping Cart. My question is one that I would have thought I would have seen asked many times, but perhaps I am the only one having this issue.

The client will commonly sell items ranging from $100 to $1,200. Many of these items will be able to be shipped via the United States Postal Service (USPS). The shipping rate calculates very well and accurate, but many of these items should be insured and I can not find on aThemes, WooCommerce or even Google search a way to charge the cost of the insurance. If the buyer wants to choose insurance or not, they should be allowed that option and if they do choose to have it, a cost should be added to the Cart to cover it. Often these charges are $4-$8 and we would like to add it accordingly, based on the purchase price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Hello there,

That’s out of the scope of Sydney Pro theme features. We don’t either eliminate or extend WC core features. That should rely on core WC shipping options or related WC extension. I found a documentation that might provide you some informations you need. Check this out. You might have to use this extension.

Regards,
Kharis