Woocommerce template files are outdated

“Your theme (Perth Pro Child) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files.” Do you have a solution for this?

Yeap, we’ll handle it. It shouldn’t affect you.

Hi Vlad,

This mis-match did affect me for my site https://helsinki-art.com

My WooCommerce cart does not work anymore and it is really urgent that I fix it as soon as possible.

This is what appears on the screen when I go to the cart:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

And this is what appears in the system status page in the Admin:

“Templates
Overrides perth-pro-ii/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/external.php,
perth-pro-ii/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/grouped.php version 2.1.7 is out of date. The core version is 3.0.7,
perth-pro-ii/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/simple.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.0.0,
perth-pro-ii/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php version 2.5.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.0.0”

Can you please help ASAP?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply!
Alex

Hi,

We’ve removed all WC templates we were overriding so now we let the plugin handle it. You should update the theme and hopefully you’re not going to have issues anymore.

Hi Vlad,

Many thanks for your swift response on this, much appreciated.

I saw the update for Perth Pro available in the admin and tried to run it but without success. Here’s what it said:

Updating Theme Perth Pro (1/1)
Downloading update from //
An error occurred while updating Perth Pro: Download failed. Unauthorized
Disabling Maintenance mode…

Could you kindly check this and let me know when I can run it again?

BR,
Alex

Can you tell me the email you used to buy the theme please so I can check? Apparently it’s not the email you’re using to post on the forums.

Hi,

Yes, the email used was my colleague’s:

diego@theinstitute.fi

He will also be leaving the company soon - can you transfer the Admin to me?

Many thanks!
Alex

Hi,

I just checked and your license has been expired since April 16, that’s why you can’t update.
You can renew the license from your colleague’s account if he’s available to log in (30% discount for renewals) or I can send you a 30% voucher so you can buy it from your account.

If you don’t want to renew your license, you can go via FTP find /wp-content/themes/perth-pro-ii/single-product and delete the single-product folder. Just that one, nothing else.

Hi Vlad,

Makes sense, thanks for letting me know. Of course I will update the license, we totally missed this one.

Could you kindly send me the voucher and I will purchase the renewal?

Thank you very much,
Alex

Hi,

Just sent you the email.

Hi Vlad,

Thanks - I purchased the theme, ran the update - BUT the problem persists.

This still appears on a blank screen when I press “book a tour” to go to shopping cart.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

What is causing this problem?
Alex

Hey,

I don’t think this is related to the theme, the only compatibility issues were solved. You can confirm by quickly changing to one of the default themes.
Can you check your cart page and see if the shortcode is added properly?

Hi Vlad, you were right it wasn’t the theme but a plugin that caused the issue…

I called the server providers and they clarified this.

Now it is FINALLY solved. Many Thanks once again!
Alex

Vlad… Thanks for the update.