WooCommerce Plug-in Conflicts

Whenever I activate the WooCommerce plug in, my website crashes and I receive an ‘internal server error’. I then need to disable the plugin via the server to get my site back up and running.

I have tried disabling all plug ins and switching them back on one by one to see if the conflict is between plug-ins, but I have found that if I turn them all off, and the first I reactivate is WooCommerce, then the site crashes!

Looking at the error log on the server, it shows the following immediately after I active woocommerce

29559 tonyoag.com [Thu May 24 13:50:03 2018] [error] [client 90.209.18.211:40516] End of script output before headers: plugins.php

any suggestions on how to resolve would be welcome…

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear you’re in trouble. To check if it’s really an issue with our Sydney Pro theme, try FTP your site then access the wp-content directory. Rename sydney-pro-ii folder to something else, e.g. sydney-pro-ii-renamed

This will force your site to run default WordPress theme (if it’s available in the list). Then reload your site to check if the issue still persists.

Check out this tutorial to fix the issue.

Regards,
Kharis