WooCommerce contains ".widget.widget_recent_entries" & ".widget.widget_archive"

Hi all,

starting first steps with WooCommerce and Astrid Theme.
I’m wondering why .widget.widget_recent_entries and .widget.widget_archive are displayed in shop.

I tried some custom CSS without any result:

.widget.widget_recent_entries {
    display: none;
}
.widget.widget_archive {
    display: none;
}

Can you give me some advice please, thanks.

How can I switch off header image for Shop?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, LiCeT

Hello LiCeT,

1. Can you please provide more details about your first issue along with a link to your website in order to let me inspect it?

2. Please go to your DashboardAppearanceCustomizeHeader areaHeader type → select Only top bar for Site header type → click Save & Publish button.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

> 1: http://wp.cycle-ambulanz.de

Don’t wonder about url…just teststatus :slight_smile: I dont want any Blog information displayed as I dont want to use the Blog.

> 2: Your adview switches off Header Image for all Sites excluding HomePage. I want to disable header Image only for WooCommerce.

Kind regard, LiCeT

Hello LiCeT,

1. I don’t see those widgets on your site now, have you already resolved this issue? By the way, you can use WooSidebars plugin in order to display different widgets on different pages.

2. In this case you should modify your header.php file and override it in a child theme to avoid losing your modifications after theme update. Here is a documentation page that can help you to do it:
    https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/conditional-tags/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I dont use any widgets for Blog-Information as I dont want any Informationen of them being displayed. That’s why I have no clue why they are displayed. See attached Screenshot for details:

Blog-Recent&Archive

Kind Regards, LiCeT

Hello LiCeT,

Can you please go to your Dashboard → Appearance → Widgets section and make sure that those widgets are not added there?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

find attached screenshot of used Widgets: used.widgets

Widget for archive and recent are just shown as available not as used - as far as I understand.

Kind regards, LiCeT

Hello LiCeT,

It looks like your issue requires close inspection, this goes beyond our support policy. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

thanks anyway. I’m going to investigate further.

Kind regards, LiCeT

Okay LiCeT, thank you for understanding. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.