Woo Commerce

Also, (sorry my again!) this is going to sound so silly.
But how do I download the woo commerce option into my website and set that up? Any hints, tricks and tips would be welcomed!

Hello there,

My apologize for delayed respond.

I’m not quite clear about “WooCommerce option” here. Could you please elaborate it?

To get started with WooCommerce, I recommend you to import the sample data. For more complete guidance, please head on here.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey there,
Sorry I’m just trying to do this now. When it’s says:

“Dummy data for WooCommerce is located in a file called dummy-data.xml, which is located in the WooCommerce plugin directory. Once WooCommerce is installed, you can find it two ways:”

Does this mean that I type into plugins “Woo Commerce?”

I’m a little stuck as to where the file for my theme should be also? / I’m just generally stuck on the first step?

The file is not part of the theme, it’s part of the plugin. You just need to download the plugin on your computer, extract the dummy-data.xml from it and then from Tools > Import import it on your site.

Hello there,

The WooCommerce dummy data file can’t be found through the WordPress admin panel.

Let paraphrase the instruction written here.

You can get it by doing one of the following two steps.

The step 1 : You can obtain the dummy-data.xml file trough FTP if the WooCommerce plugin installed already. You should login to your FTP account, then go to this folder path “wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/dummy-data”

The step 2 : You can manually download the WooCommerce plugin here. Then unzip it, open woocommerce > dummy-data folder. The dummy-data.xml is here.

I hope I’ve explained myself well.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

The step 1 : You can obtain the dummy-data.xml file trough FTP if the WooCommerce plugin installed already. You should login to your FTP account, then go to this folder path “wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/dummy-data”

^ I don’t know what FTP is? I installed the WooCommerce plugin.
What is my FTP account?

The step 2 : You can manually download the WooCommerce plugin here. Then unzip it, open woocommerce > dummy-data folder. The dummy-data.xml is here.

^ I’m not sure what you mean with this step? Sorry!!!

Hello there,

Alternatively, you can get it here. Save the file, name it as dummy-data.xml

I hope it helps.

Warmest regards,
Kharis