Widgets vanished (and can't be replaced)

After the latest update, 2/3rds of my footer widgets completely vanished, including all saved text, etc. And now I can’t seem to replace them. See my site here.

All of Footer A, half of Footer B, gone. The Appearance/Widgets menu is being balky, too. Took the better part of an hour to just restore my copyright line, and I can’t explain why it chose to start working for that single widget. Others won’t even save, and those that do save don’t display.

Which one did you update? WordPress system?

Regards,
Kharis

Moesia, to version 1.44. Just did the newest Page Builder update, but it hasn’t resolved the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Still cannot get any widgets to save in Footer A.

What’s notable is that when I leave or reload the Widgets menu in my theme’s sidebar, none of the changes I’ve made get saved. Though they seem to individually “save” when I drag-and-drop and save them when I’m inside the Widgets configuration page, it doesn’t matter; when I return to that menu or reload it, none of my changes has been saved.

Hello there,

To check if it’s Moesia theme issue, try switching to one of the default WordPress themes like Twenty Seventeen and insert some widgets in there. See if the issue presents.

Regards,
Kharis

Plugin menu is also messed up. I can’t deactivate or active plugins using the menu any longer.

Tried activating a new theme to check your suggestion, but it won’t allow me to activate a new theme!

I know I’m only using the free version, but was considering upgrading to Pro. At this rate (and with this little feedback), I’m not exactly compelled to open my wallet.

So footer widgets are screwed up, I can’t change themes, and the plugins menu is effed up, too. Contacted my host and they ran a series of tests, updated the PHP, flushed all caches, and still no change. This increasingly looks like a theme issue and it all started with the 1.44 update.

Hello there,

I am sorry for the long delay.

To check if there’s an issue with the latest update of Moesia, use this plugin and roll back the theme version to previous one you’ve activated.

Regards,
Kharis

You do understand from my prior posts that I can’t activate or deactivate plugins? Same here – I downloaded and installed the rollback plugin, but I can’t activate it.

So I guess the solution is to go into my host’s cPanel and manually activate a different theme. Is the prior version of Moesia available anywhere for DL?

Database corruption; fixed it using my host’s repair tools and everything is fine now.