Widgets in footer Area suddenly missing

Hello,

I am working on my local machine and I added widgets in my footer area. However, they are no longer displayed as they used to. I have tried to disable all plugins and several other things to no avail. What am I missing. Kindly help. Note that I run WAMP and have updated to the recent version of wordpress and Sydney free Theme.

Hello XcoRyan,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots in order to let me try to help you?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello, see links below. The fist link shows a footer with credit notes only whilst the second link displays what is was like. (I had contacts, Social media, Google map and Quick links) unfortunately I dont have an exact screen shot. The screenshop given is from a different Theme but same concept :slight_smile:

and http://prnt.sc/dgvnd0

Hello there. It appears the issue has been resolved. I used to add widgets via Appearence > drag and drop in Footer of cheoic (ie, 1, 2,3 4 or side bar). When the problem occured, I removed all widgets and readded through the same but nothing happened…

And now, I have readded them by clicking on Appearence>customise>Widgets>Footer of choice>add. This has worked…I cant explain why?

Hello XcoRyan,

It’s great that the issue is resolved. I’m not sure why it didn’t work in Appearance → Widgets section.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.