Widgetized pages

Hy!

Can I use the widgetized template on any site or just on the homepage?

When I change the template to widgetized on another page than home it does not show up in the theme editor.

I`m using the free version of Astrid.

I appreciate your help!!

Thank you!

Hello,

Yes, you can use the Widgetized template on any page.

However, you have to make sure that this page is in preview window on the right side of Customizer in order to configure it.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hy!

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately I do net see the pages in the preview mode of Customizer to configure it.

What can I do?

Thank you!

Hello,

I will be glad to help you, but can you please provide some screenshots of what you see in Customizer?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hy!

here is the link

https://testing.imabis.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/widgetized.jpg

I see only the front page and the footer.
but not the other page which has the widgetized template.

thanks for your help!

Hello,

You provided screenshot of the left section, I assume that right side shows your front page.

Can you please navigate to desired page on the right side and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi.

Sorry for my late reply. Super busy at the moment.

Do you mean this?

https://testing.imabis.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/widgetized_page.jpg

Hello,

It looks like your issue requires some work on your website, this goes beyond our support policy.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

What work? I mean, I do not know what to search for …
What can I tell the programmer to do?

all the best,
Nela

Hello Nela,

Well, I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve.

I tried to explain what to do, but looks like someone should do it for you. That’s why I suggested to hire someone.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Well, maybe you missunderstood me.

The question was if it possible to widgetize any page and not only the frontpage.

Because in my installation this works only for the frontpage and not for any other page. I know how to set the template and I understand that it should then be displayed in the Customizer. But it doesn’t! And that’s the problem.

I guess I don`t need to hire someone to choose a template in a wordpress page ;))

Okay Nela,

Sorry, maybe you misunderstood me as well.

I tried to explain earlier that yes, you can use Widgetized template on any page, but Customizer shows options that are available for the page in preview window(!).

For example, if you selected Widgetized template for About page, but Customizer preview shows your home page, then you will not be able to add widgets to About page, you’ll have to navigate to About page in Customizer preview.

Kind Regards, Roman.

aaaahhhh got you!!! :slight_smile:

I`ll try that!

Thanks for explaining!! :slight_smile:

You are welcome Nela! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.