Why a new user suddenly appears in my wordpress dashboard?

Hi,

I am really frightened. I know this question may not be suitable to ask here. But I don’t really know where can I ask for help.

Today, I received an email said a new user was registered in my wordpress website (petsittingdiary.com). The role is a subscriber. This website was owned only by me and my partner. And Both of us didn’t start new account other than ours. Was my website being hacked? Why there is a new user suddenly appears?

I have deleted that account right away. I would highly appreciate if you could offer any help.

Hi,

Yes, this not related to the theme, but it is a general WordPress issue, a bot have registered to your site, so if you don’t allow users to register to your site, then simply go to wp-admin > Settings > General > Membership: - uncheck “Anyone can register” > Save, then nobody will be able to register your site.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello there,

> Was my website being hacked?

Not sure though. To prevent it, please go to Settings > General > then make sure membership (Anyone can register) option is disabled.

To strengthen your site’s security, you might be interested reading this article.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Moderators,

Thanks both of you very much for your quick and wonderful support! I never expected for such detailed responses, and most surprisingly, two moderators supporting an issue that is unrelated to the Sydney theme. I loved your supports very much! Previously, Kharis asked me to give a review. But I cannot find the place for writing a review. Could you give me a link for this?

Again, I really appreciate for both of your supports! Awesome!

Hello there,

Add your review here please

https://wordpress.org/support/theme/sydney/reviews/#new-post

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Thanks for providing the like and just placed a review there.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review. If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic, so we can help you there.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba