White space at top of page under header

Hi there, I built my website using sydney about a year ago and it’s been working reasonably well. I always had an issue though when I was logged into wordpress where I had unwanted white space at the top of each page of my portfolio under the header. When I logged out, this space disappeared and it displayed how I wanted it. Odd I know.

A couple of days ago I updated my website, updating the wordpress version and also the sydney version. I found that this update caused a problem where all widget based portfolio and some other pages didn’t show at all. I think this is caused by some site origin problems.

I used WP rollback to revert the plugins versions and my missing pages reappeared.

Now though I’ve noticed that I have this large white unwanted gap at the top of every portfolio page all the time and even when logged out.

Here’s an example:
http://www.imagecraft.co.nz/nzi-fleet-fit/

At the moment the white space that I don’t want is about the same height as the grey header bar. It should be about 1/4 of the height of the grey bar.

Could you suggest anything I can do here to fix this?

Thanks very much, Kevin

Hello there,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

> I found that this update caused a problem where all widget based portfolio and some other pages didn’t show at all.

This issue relates with the page builder plugin updates. For more information about it, please check this topic.

To remove the unwanted space at the header area, add this CSS code into Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS in your site dashboard.

.header-clone {
  height: 0 !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, that’s great - the css fixed the prob. Well done and thanks for your help.

Cheers, Kevin

You’re welcome, Kevin.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Same happened to me, and I used the
.header-clone {
height: 0 !important;
}

Which it did not work.
www.makpros.com/company

Hello there,

Visiting your link, the screen only returns “404 Not Found”. Please fix it first.

Regards,
Kharis