White bar above footer

Hi guys,

I’m a bit stuck. I have a mysterious white bar sitting at the bottom of this page (below the call to action) http://seaface.com.au/menu/ and I have no idea how it appeared or how to get rid of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

Dear Will,

Please try to enable the “Front Page” template on the below path:

Edit page > Page Attributes > Template > select “Front Page” > Update.

Doesn’t it work for you?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for that. Changing to front page actually fixed it on seaface.com.au/menu however I’m still having the same problem on seaface.com.au/contact. I would rather use the Sydney Pro Default contact template however I couldn’t get the Google Maps API Key working.

Cheers,

Will

I take that back, I managed to figure it out. Thanks Kharis

Awesome! I am glad to know that you have been able to manage it. Please let us know if you need anything else. Feel free to open a new topic.

Regards,
Kharis

Now that the Google Maps API is working on seaface.com.au/contact, I still have the problem with the white bar at the bottom…

Also, this may be a basic question but how would I go about adding a widget to seaface.com.au/contact whilst maintaining the rest of the template.

Edit the contact template somehow?

Hello there,

> I still have the problem with the white bar at the bottom…

Could you please take a screenshot of it and share it here?

To add a widget into contact page, you should edit the page-templates/page_contact.php file in child theme mode.

1. Download pre-made Sydney pro child theme here and unzip/decompress it
  2. Copy page-templates/page_contact.php file into child theme folder. So you will have sydney-pro-child/page-templates/page_contact.php
  3. Open this file on your code editor
  4. Insert this code:

<div class="entry-content">
	<?php the_content(); ?>
</div>	

before this line:

</article>

1. Zip/compress the child theme folder you just edited, then install and activate

You might lose customizer settings you have done. To sync it with the child theme, you would use the Customizer Export/Import plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the help regarding the contact page.

Here is a screenshot of the white bar issue I’m facing. It only happens on one computer running ChromeOS though, regardless of incognito or not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4wCJ7P9hxizSmpENzRrLVVuZ2swWVRVcy0wbW45SHN4STlB/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Will

Dear Will,

It happens because your contact page is shorter than the web browser height. Would adding more bottom padding resolve it? Please advice.

Regards,
Kharis