What is the correct code to autoplay a background video from youtube?

Hi. I´m using a hero widget, and on the background settings instead of an image, I read there´s the ability to use an .mp4 video or URL.

I´d like to pick it from youtube. So I end up with : https://youtu.be/wgc_ojhOADs?autoplay=1
but it will not play. Instead I see the youtube controls. How can I fix it so that it will autoplay?
Thanks very much.

Hello there,

Have you tried header video feature in the Appearance > Customize > Header area > Header type; then enable your video from Appearance > Customize > Header area > Header Media.

Regards,
Kharis

the issue is not for the home page, or the header menus. It´s from a widget on a page with background video.
I see youtube´s url thumbnail on site, but it doesn´t play automatically and it´s under the image of the background.
What settings do I need to change to have it autoplay? also: what happens when the YT video ends? does it loop?
If I upload a .mp4 video to my own site to have it play in the background how do I make it play automatically?
Thanks.

Hello there,

I tried it on my test site. Unfortunately, I don’t think that there’s a way to accomplish your objectives because of widget settings limitation. Since this widget authored by SiteOrigin, it’s really out of our control. I’d recommend you go to SO support forum. As they’re aware, I am sure they’ll be able to assist you.

Regards,
Kharis