What ArePurposes of Sydney Toolbox and Site Origin's Page Builder Supposed to Be

I’m curious to understand what the purpose of the plugins Sydney Toolbox and Site Origin’s Page Builder supposed to be in the theme Sydney? I am just passing familiar with Page Builder and it doesn’t seem to do much of anything in the way of allowing customization of the title or tagline, nor anything else that I have been able to figure out. And I don’t see Sydney Toolbox showing up at all under the customization menu, or have I gone blind?

Thanks!

Hi,

The Page Builder is used to build your Pages, with this plugin you can add widgets like Services, so to build your pages you must use Page Builder. The Sydney Toolbox Plugin is used to create the Custom Post Types, like Services & Employees, you can read the documentation for more info about those and for further setup instructions: https://athemes.com/documentation/sydney/

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you for your very prompt reply Csaba.

I have just one follow-up question regarding Page Builder. Among its page building functions with the Sydney theme, should I have the ability to move the title and the tag line from their default position on the left hand side of the page in what seems to be a very short field to where they are both centered up on the middle of the page and where the length of their respective fields are not so truncated?

Best regards,

Frank

Hi,

For default tags you may need to use Custom CSS to arrange them in other way, the page builder is limited to add widgets / rows, it can’t modify template tags.

Best Regards,
Csaba