West theme WordPress Check

Hello,

I have been working on a new website using your free West theme. It seems to fit my needs and I have been able to make coding changes to many items, although using the Pro version may make it easier.

When I use themes other than original WordPress themes, I run the Theme Check plugin to see if the coding conforms to WordPress practices. I noted your statement that all themes do follow WordPress coding best practices, as laid out by the WordPress.org theme review team. Unless this is an old theme, you should have picked up several Warnings and Required notices etc., where the theme does not conform.

The deprecated tag warnings are not a problem, but there is a Warning: “More than one text-domain is being used in this theme. This means the theme will not be compatible with WordPress.org language packs. The domains found are west, tgmpa”. Since I may be changing the language this may cause problems.

Most of the above should be easy to correct. Do you plan any update to this theme to correct these issues?

Hello, sorry for delay.

Yes, you are right, West theme has few reasons to be updated. I asked our Developer, there should be update in near future. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Thanks for your reply. The theme has good features and It is encouraging to hear that you will be updating it, so I will definitely keep using it for may new website.

You are welcome! And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.