West Theme Mobile Version is a mess

Hi There,

I really need some assistance. I have created our site and love the way it looks on the web version. I have obviously used live composer to create the site the way I want it to look, but looking on the mobile version there are some really terrible looking sections on there and I have no idea how to fix it or if it would be a situation where I would need to redo those entire sections (please bare in mind, I do not know a lot of about coding etc.)

These are the sections that are a mess:

Homepage:

• That whole section that says “are you ready to get more organised than ever before”? this section on mobile just looks like one endless black block
  • Testimonials background picture looks endless on a mobile version and the carousel does not move automatically like the web version
  • The section where it says ready to transform your business looks good on web and bad on mobile version

About page:
The top section looks bad on mobile, not sure how I can make this look better for mobile

Services page:
The three options for services if you click the button and go into each relevant page where it lists the actual services looks really bad on mobile

FAQs:
The FAQs page is a complete disaster on mobile but is perfect on web

Contact page:
I tried to put a map behind the contact form which is completely messed up on mobile version, is there any advice for this?

The website is: http://www.reach-yourvirtualassistance.com/

I know this is a lot, but I really need some help with this, because I do not know how to fix the mobile problems. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Melissa

Hello Melissa,

Let’s start with “Are you ready to get more organised than ever before?” section. You’ve set 452px of left margin, that breaks the mobile view. Try to adjust mobile margins in Resposive tab:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

Thank you so much for this. I know exactly where to go. My only issue is when I try change the margins it doesnt seem to reflect on the view so I cant see if what I am doing is right or not and also the text does not show no matter what I do on the mobile version. Sorry I know this is pretty complex, but I would really like to try and keep this look and feel but it looks a bit disasterous on mobile :frowning:
Any help at all will be so much appreciated.

Best,
Mel

Hello Melissa,

My only issue is when I try change the margins it doesn’t seem to reflect on the view so I cant see if what I am doing is right or not

Well, Live Composer seems to show only tablet view, so you can use browser tools to check the mobile view.

In Chrome browser you can go to Tools → Developer tools and click Toggle device toolbar icon (or just Ctrl+Shift+M). You can find more info here:

In Firefox browser you can go to Tools → Web Developer → Responsive Design Mode (or just Shift+Ctrl+M). You can find more info here:

Also you can simply resize the browser window (works for all browsers), but you won’t be able to set the exact resolution.

…and also the text does not show no matter what I do on the mobile version.

I’m not sure what exactly you mean, can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support