West pro download button

Hi,

The download button on this website does not link to the file’s I have saved by downloads. How do I connect the button to a download file?

Kind Regards,

Kevin Vonk

Hello Kevin,

In the functionality settings of the button module, supply the file URL path to URL box. Before doing so, upload your file to the media library under Dashboard > Media > Add New. Or you can use file hosting services like Google Drive.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

I uploaded my file’s under Dashboard > Downloads > Add new
it is specially disigned for West pro right? When I had Sydney Pro I did not have those items…
So I have uploaded the files under downloads > add new and locally (on the website server).
Then it should work wright ?

Kind Regards,

Kevin Vonk

Hello there,

That’s actually part of the Live Composer features. In the dashboard menu it’s labelled with “LC”. We don’t really use it in West Pro. You can verify it in our home page demo. Sorry for confusion. This Download entry itself is associated with Download module, not Button, as you inserted in here: http://liemerse.adminu.nl/downloads.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

Thank you for the explanation I understand that part now.
What I don’t understand is how I let somebody download something from my media.
I did what you said: Dashboard > Media > Add new > Upload the files. What am I sepposed
to do now? Do I need to do something with the download button of do I need to install a new plugin?

Regards,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Media is a place to store your files. To get a file URL, see this screencast:

To link the button to a file, see this one guide:

I hope I’ve explained well. Let me know if further questions come up.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

Thank you! The download buttons do work now.

Regards,
Kevin

You’re welcome Kevin.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis