Welcome page slider disappears when opting for static page

I want to set up a blog on a separate page. The set up so far is: my front page contains only the slider, from which visitors can enter the rest of the site. The front page does not have a page designation and I don’t know how to set this up (I don’t want it to show in the menu either, a click on my logo takes you back to this page, which is how I would like it to remain). So if I try to move the site to static pages for the benefit of the blog, obviously the front page does not show in the drop down menu as an option. Therefore, if I change to static pages for the blog, it obviously removes the front page (as it doesn’t have a page designation). Help :slight_smile: P.S. I am a COMPLETE beginner at this so any tech speak will probably render me to tears because I’ll have no idea what you’re trying to tell me … I’ve been trying to sort this site out since November!

Hi,

Please create a new page for your Homepage in wp-admin / Pages / Add New, then go to wp-admin / Settings / Reading and set this page as your Static Homepage - this page will not be shown in menu if you don’t add it to menu in wp-admin / Appearance / Menus. Also please create a page for your blog in wp-admin / Pages / Add New and set this page to be your Posts Page in wp-admin / Settings / Reading.

Please let me know if this is not clear for you and also please let me know what is wrong.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me Csaba, I really appreciate it. It worked perfectly. So, am I right in assuming that the slider automatically defaults to ‘Homepage’? Now, a search through the forum for my next query …

Kind regards,
JustIpsa