Welcome message won't appear on mobile

Hi, so far this theme is pretty great.

My Welcome message won’t display on Windows phone 8.0 or my Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. It looks great on my MacBook tho. Can you help? Thanks!

www.lisabaughnwriter.com

The welcome message is hidden on small screens because it won’t fit for many people. If you want to display it you can use this in a custom CSS plugin:

@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    .welcome-desc {
       display: block;
    }
}

Thanks! I installed a custom CSS plugin and entered that and it totally worked. :slight_smile:

Hmmm…it disappeared! It was working fine, now it’s not there. This is a super important piece of my site…any other good fixes? Thanks.

You don’t have a welcome message anymore as far as I can see, so there is nothing to display. You probably removed it.

Oops! I took it down for a min…its back now. Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help.

Cool, I’m glad it’s okay now. Ratings are welcome when/if you want: https://wordpress.org/themes/moesia :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick communication turnaround! I tweeted yall out today for the awesome service. I actually meant I entered it in wp but the site’s not showing it.

Thank you…

Hi again, I still can’t see my welcome message on mobile. Please help! Thanks.

Have you added the code I gave you?

Yeah, I downloaded a custom CSS plugin and copied and pasted it there.after I did that the message appeared briefly on mobile, but then it disappeared.

Things don’t happen by themselves :slight_smile:
The code I gave you isn’t on your website so you either removed it from the plugin or you deactivated the plugin.

I installed the plugin, added the code and made sure the plugin was active. I went into it this morning and hit the “Update Custom CSS” button with all the code there to make sure it was entered as well.

The plugin I installed is called Simple Custom CSS. Is there a different custom CSS plugin we should install?

It was the Simple Custom CSS plugin that was the problem…I installed Theme Junkie Custom CSS, added the code and it worked.