Weird header behavior

Hi there,
I recently added a bottom border line for the header and ever since I keep noticing a weird thing. One moment the header looks fine but time after time after scrolling down and back up, the page content goes up and overlaps the header. I can’t let you see it because it happens randomly without any obvious reasons.
Here are two screenshots to help you understand what I’m talking about.

Hello,

First thanks for using our Sydney theme!

Sorry but we couldn’t reproduce this issue here. Maybe it’s related to a specific browser. Please let us know what’s the browser you are using. We tested on Google Chrome + Windows 10 here.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Google Chrome, Windows 7
It’s just happened again :roll_eyes:

@rodrigo
Try to open this page Quality Management Principles | T.H.E Architects, Planners & Civil Engineers, Inc.
I reloaded it several times but it still looks like this

I just found out that now all posts look like this while pages are fine

I found the reason. It was caused by reducing the top-padding as you advised in this topic:

@rodrigo can you advise a solution?
If I reduce top padding, the first post title starts overlapping the header as show in the screenshot above

Hello,

Please try adding the given custom CSS code below at Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

body.single .content-wrapper {
        margin-top: 50px !important;
}

Note the body.single in the selector. This will apply the style only in the blog post pages.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Thanks @rodrigo but it only worked on Category page. And posts still look the same

Hello,

Please go to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS, locate the red marked code below and remove from there:

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

2 Likes

Wow, so weird that this little mistake affected the header. Thank you so much! I wouldn’t have figured it out on my own.

1 Like

Hello,

You are welcome!

Let us know if you need further help.

If you are satisfied with our theme and support, would be great if you leave your comment and rating in the offical WordPress Themes repository. That helps us a lot: [Sydney] Reviews | WordPress.org

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support