Website not working after update

Hi,

After updating the Sydney Pro theme, my website doesn’t work anymore. Can’t even access the Elementor pages. The website is only ‘preloading’. Could you help out? My website is www.jorissjamaar.com.

Best regards,
Joris

Hi Joris,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve been running into an issue.

1. Go to your website’s admin area (/wp-admin)
  2. Flush any applied caching (if enabled)
  3. Try to disable script compression
  4. Clear your web browser’s cache, history, and restart it
  5. Reload your page

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately the suggested steps didn’t work. I deactivated the cache- and script compression plugins. Also I deleted cache from browser. Same issue occurs…

Best regards,
Joris

Hi Joris,

Try disabling the preloader by adding this simple CSS code to your website’s Additional CSS, that is located under Appearance menu > Customize.

.preloader {
      display: none !important;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

This worked, thanks!
However, the main header and topmenu are not shown properly now. Next to that the homepage header differs from other pages. Is there an easy fix? Or is this custom CSS work? Before update it worked perfect.

Best regards,
Joris

Hi Joris,

Thank you for getting back.

Are you using child theme? If so, can you try disabling it and switching to the main theme (Sydney Pro) to help ruling out any specific issue with the child theme.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I’m already using the main theme. Let me know if I can do anything elke to solve the issue.

Best regards,
Joris

Hi Joris,

As checked with my web browser’s view source, I noticed script compression is enabled. Can you try disabling it to rule out whether it brokes the Sydney theme’s main script? Let me know your views.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I activated script compression again after checking if this was the problem. Now it’s deactivated again, same issue occurs. Let me know if you have another solution.

Best regards,
Joris