Webdite dow by Stdney Version 1.74. update

I updated to Sydney Version 1.74.
And My website was down straight away.
I contacted my Web Host and looked into it,
and found that there was something wrong with Version 1.74. that let my website down.
I use a Child theme of Sydney, the original theme was still 1.60. I can’t update as it lets my site down. Please advise any solution.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into an issue when updating. I am happy to help out.

Perhaps you’ll need to clear cache after updating as we have made major changes on the main theme’s script. Let me know whether clearing cache helps resolve the trouble or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thank you for your reply, clearing cache has never helped as I have tried over 10 times already.
Also, the site gets down completely right after the Sydney update is clearly something to do with Sydney’s new version. It’s confirmed by a technician at WebHost too. Please look into the latest version of Sydney, must be something is wrong.
Alao, there was no majour change on the website except updating Sydney to the latest version.

Hi,

Can you share a link to your website here, so I can check it directly?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I had to retrieve my back up as I cannot make my website down. So I think there is no point sharing the link as it’s not down at the moment (but not updated to the latest sydney)

Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

To get more information about the solution to this issue, perhaps you want to check these threads:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks,
I read through but cache issue should not apply to this case,
as the WebHost tech team confirmed the same issue and they are using different browser outside of my IP address. My website has never opened on their browser before.

I noted your reply below;
Can you let me know whether you are using a child theme or not? And, is there any file that overrides the footer template file?
If not, I’d recommend reinstalling the theme from the fresh theme’s package that you get from your account.

As I mentioned on the initial message, I am indeed using a child theme, and the update that lets my website down is the original Sydney theme.

Do you see the possible issue here?
If so, let me know how to solve it or check if the latest version does have a bug.

So you have made some works with the child theme? Can you let me know what you add or modify with it?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I changed the transparency of the menu bar on mobile. And deleted the bottom watermark.
I can’t remember anything else, but mostly font and colors.
Does it relate to the site down after the latest version update?

Hi,

Can you share your child theme to Google Drive and link it here, so I can inspect further?

Meanwhile, can you try enabling the main theme (Sydney), run you test, and check whether the problem remains or not?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support