Waypoints script used by sydney (pro) is out of date (2.0.4)?

The Livemesh Piechart SiteOrigin widget no longer works, as it cuts off the top of the chart. This can be observed at https://tyndalebt.org/testtest/oneone/.

According to LiveMesh: "The issue is due to incompatibility between our plugin and the sydney theme. The reason why this issue occurs - the waypoints script used by sydney is out of date (2.0.4) and we use the latest 4.0.x version of the waypoints script which is not backwards compatible with its older versions.

Can you get in touch with the author of the theme regarding this and see what they say? To avoid this issue, I am planning to release an update which overcomes this issue by renaming the script to a custom name. Let’s hope I can find time for this. – Raghavendra, Dev Team "

Hello there,

I am checking it with my test site. I’ll update you soon. Please be patience.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

I can confirm that there’s a script conflict with older version of Waypoints JS. It’ll be permanently fixed in the next version update of Sydney Pro. Meanwhile, you can manually register the latest version of it by adding this function to your child theme’s functions or use a functionality plugin like Code Snippets.

add_action('wp_head', 'sydney_pro_child_add_header_script');
    function sydney_pro_child_add_header_script() {
      ?>

<script type="text/javascript">
      /*!
      Waypoints - 4.0.1
      Copyright © 2011-2016 Caleb Troughton
      Licensed under the MIT license.
      https://github.com/imakewebthings/waypoints/blob/master/licenses.txt
      */
      !function(){"use strict";function t(o){if(!o)throw new Error("No options passed to Waypoint constructor");if(!o.element)throw new Error("No element option passed to Waypoint constructor");if(!o.handler)throw new Error("No handler option passed to Waypoint constructor");this.key="waypoint-"+e,this.options=t.Adapter.extend({},t.defaults,o),this.element=this.options.element,this.adapter=new t.Adapter(this.element),this.callback=o.handler,this.axis=this.options.horizontal?"horizontal":"vertical",this.enabled=this.options.enabled,this.triggerPoint=null,this.group=t.Group.findOrCreate({name:this.options.group,axis:this.axis}),this.context=t.Context.findOrCreateByElement(this.options.context),t.offsetAliases[this.options.offset]&&(this.options.offset=t.offsetAliases[this.options.offset]),this.group.add(this),this.context.add(this),i[this.key]=this,e+=1}var e=0,i={};t.prototype.queueTrigger=function(t){this.group.queueTrigger(this,t)},t.prototype.trigger=function(t){this.enabled&&this.callback&&this.callback.apply(this,t)},t.prototype.destroy=function(){this.context.remove(this),this.group.remove(this),delete i[this.key]},t.prototype.disable=function(){return this.enabled=!1,this},t.prototype.enable=function(){return this.context.refresh(),this.enabled=!0,this},t.prototype.next=function(){return this.group.next(this)},t.prototype.previous=function(){return this.group.previous(this)},t.invokeAll=function(t){var e=[];for(var o in i)e.push(i[o]);for(var n=0,r=e.length;r>n;n++)e[n][t]()},t.destroyAll=function(){t.invokeAll("destroy")},t.disableAll=function(){t.invokeAll("disable")},t.enableAll=function(){t.Context.refreshAll();for(var e in i)i[e].enabled=!0;return this},t.refreshAll=function(){t.Context.refreshAll()},t.viewportHeight=function(){return window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight},t.viewportWidth=function(){return document.documentElement.clientWidth},t.adapters=[],t.defaults={context:window,continuous:!0,enabled:!0,group:"default",horizontal:!1,offset:0},t.offsetAliases={"bottom-in-view":function(){return this.context.innerHeight()-this.adapter.outerHeight()},"right-in-view":function(){return this.context.innerWidth()-this.adapter.outerWidth()}},window.Waypoint=t}(),function(){"use strict";function t(t){window.setTimeout(t,1e3/60)}function e(t){this.element=t,this.Adapter=n.Adapter,this.adapter=new this.Adapter(t),this.key="waypoint-context-"+i,this.didScroll=!1,this.didResize=!1,this.oldScroll={x:this.adapter.scrollLeft(),y:this.adapter.scrollTop()},this.waypoints={vertical:{},horizontal:{}},t.waypointContextKey=this.key,o[t.waypointContextKey]=this,i+=1,n.windowContext||(n.windowContext=!0,n.windowContext=new e(window)),this.createThrottledScrollHandler(),this.createThrottledResizeHandler()}var i=0,o={},n=window.Waypoint,r=window.onload;e.prototype.add=function(t){var e=t.options.horizontal?"horizontal":"vertical";this.waypoints[e][t.key]=t,this.refresh()},e.prototype.checkEmpty=function(){var t=this.Adapter.isEmptyObject(this.waypoints.horizontal),e=this.Adapter.isEmptyObject(this.waypoints.vertical),i=this.element==this.element.window;t&&e&&!i&&(this.adapter.off(".waypoints"),delete o[this.key])},e.prototype.createThrottledResizeHandler=function(){function t(){e.handleResize(),e.didResize=!1}var e=this;this.adapter.on("resize.waypoints",function(){e.didResize||(e.didResize=!0,n.requestAnimationFrame(t))})},e.prototype.createThrottledScrollHandler=function(){function t(){e.handleScroll(),e.didScroll=!1}var e=this;this.adapter.on("scroll.waypoints",function(){(!e.didScroll||n.isTouch)&&(e.didScroll=!0,n.requestAnimationFrame(t))})},e.prototype.handleResize=function(){n.Context.refreshAll()},e.prototype.handleScroll=function(){var t={},e={horizontal:{newScroll:this.adapter.scrollLeft(),oldScroll:this.oldScroll.x,forward:"right",backward:"left"},vertical:{newScroll:this.adapter.scrollTop(),oldScroll:this.oldScroll.y,forward:"down",backward:"up"}};for(var i in e){var o=e[i],n=o.newScroll>o.oldScroll,r=n?o.forward:o.backward;for(var s in this.waypoints[i]){var a=this.waypoints[i][s];if(null!==a.triggerPoint){var l=o.oldScroll<a.triggerPoint,h=o.newScroll>=a.triggerPoint,p=l&&h,u=!l&&!h;(p||u)&&(a.queueTrigger(r),t[a.group.id]=a.group)}}}for(var c in t)t[c].flushTriggers();this.oldScroll={x:e.horizontal.newScroll,y:e.vertical.newScroll}},e.prototype.innerHeight=function(){return this.element==this.element.window?n.viewportHeight():this.adapter.innerHeight()},e.prototype.remove=function(t){delete this.waypoints[t.axis][t.key],this.checkEmpty()},e.prototype.innerWidth=function(){return this.element==this.element.window?n.viewportWidth():this.adapter.innerWidth()},e.prototype.destroy=function(){var t=[];for(var e in this.waypoints)for(var i in this.waypoints[e])t.push(this.waypoints[e][i]);for(var o=0,n=t.length;n>o;o++)t[o].destroy()},e.prototype.refresh=function(){var t,e=this.element==this.element.window,i=e?void 0:this.adapter.offset(),o={};this.handleScroll(),t={horizontal:{contextOffset:e?0:i.left,contextScroll:e?0:this.oldScroll.x,contextDimension:this.innerWidth(),oldScroll:this.oldScroll.x,forward:"right",backward:"left",offsetProp:"left"},vertical:{contextOffset:e?0:i.top,contextScroll:e?0:this.oldScroll.y,contextDimension:this.innerHeight(),oldScroll:this.oldScroll.y,forward:"down",backward:"up",offsetProp:"top"}};for(var r in t){var s=t[r];for(var a in this.waypoints[r]){var l,h,p,u,c,d=this.waypoints[r][a],f=d.options.offset,w=d.triggerPoint,y=0,g=null==w;d.element!==d.element.window&&(y=d.adapter.offset()[s.offsetProp]),"function"==typeof f?f=f.apply(d):"string"==typeof f&&(f=parseFloat(f),d.options.offset.indexOf("%")>-1&&(f=Math.ceil(s.contextDimension*f/100))),l=s.contextScroll-s.contextOffset,d.triggerPoint=Math.floor(y+l-f),h=w<s.oldScroll,p=d.triggerPoint>=s.oldScroll,u=h&&p,c=!h&&!p,!g&&u?(d.queueTrigger(s.backward),o[d.group.id]=d.group):!g&&c?(d.queueTrigger(s.forward),o[d.group.id]=d.group):g&&s.oldScroll>=d.triggerPoint&&(d.queueTrigger(s.forward),o[d.group.id]=d.group)}}return n.requestAnimationFrame(function(){for(var t in o)o[t].flushTriggers()}),this},e.findOrCreateByElement=function(t){return e.findByElement(t)||new e(t)},e.refreshAll=function(){for(var t in o)o[t].refresh()},e.findByElement=function(t){return o[t.waypointContextKey]},window.onload=function(){r&&r(),e.refreshAll()},n.requestAnimationFrame=function(e){var i=window.requestAnimationFrame||window.mozRequestAnimationFrame||window.webkitRequestAnimationFrame||t;i.call(window,e)},n.Context=e}(),function(){"use strict";function t(t,e){return t.triggerPoint-e.triggerPoint}function e(t,e){return e.triggerPoint-t.triggerPoint}function i(t){this.name=t.name,this.axis=t.axis,this.id=this.name+"-"+this.axis,this.waypoints=[],this.clearTriggerQueues(),o[this.axis][this.name]=this}var o={vertical:{},horizontal:{}},n=window.Waypoint;i.prototype.add=function(t){this.waypoints.push(t)},i.prototype.clearTriggerQueues=function(){this.triggerQueues={up:[],down:[],left:[],right:[]}},i.prototype.flushTriggers=function(){for(var i in this.triggerQueues){var o=this.triggerQueues[i],n="up"===i||"left"===i;o.sort(n?e:t);for(var r=0,s=o.length;s>r;r+=1){var a=o[r];(a.options.continuous||r===o.length-1)&&a.trigger([i])}}this.clearTriggerQueues()},i.prototype.next=function(e){this.waypoints.sort(t);var i=n.Adapter.inArray(e,this.waypoints),o=i===this.waypoints.length-1;return o?null:this.waypoints[i+1]},i.prototype.previous=function(e){this.waypoints.sort(t);var i=n.Adapter.inArray(e,this.waypoints);return i?this.waypoints[i-1]:null},i.prototype.queueTrigger=function(t,e){this.triggerQueues[e].push(t)},i.prototype.remove=function(t){var e=n.Adapter.inArray(t,this.waypoints);e>-1&&this.waypoints.splice(e,1)},i.prototype.first=function(){return this.waypoints[0]},i.prototype.last=function(){return this.waypoints[this.waypoints.length-1]},i.findOrCreate=function(t){return o[t.axis][t.name]||new i(t)},n.Group=i}(),function(){"use strict";function t(t){this.$element=e(t)}var e=window.jQuery,i=window.Waypoint;e.each(["innerHeight","innerWidth","off","offset","on","outerHeight","outerWidth","scrollLeft","scrollTop"],function(e,i){t.prototype[i]=function(){var t=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments);return this.$element[i].apply(this.$element,t)}}),e.each(["extend","inArray","isEmptyObject"],function(i,o){t[o]=e[o]}),i.adapters.push({name:"jquery",Adapter:t}),i.Adapter=t}(),function(){"use strict";function t(t){return function(){var i=[],o=arguments[0];return t.isFunction(arguments[0])&&(o=t.extend({},arguments[1]),o.handler=arguments[0]),this.each(function(){var n=t.extend({},o,{element:this});"string"==typeof n.context&&(n.context=t(this).closest(n.context)[0]),i.push(new e(n))}),i}}var e=window.Waypoint;window.jQuery&&(window.jQuery.fn.waypoint=t(window.jQuery)),window.Zepto&&(window.Zepto.fn.waypoint=t(window.Zepto))}();
      </script>

<?php
    } 

Regards,
Kharis

Outstanding!
I’ll give it a try.

OK, I installed the Code Snippets plugin, created a new entry; copy pasted the script; set run everywhere and saved. No change on the test page so I created a new test page: same error: https://tyndalebt.org/testtest/twotwo/. This new code did not seem to ‘register’ … note, this is not on a child theme, just directly on Sydney Pro.

Any further thoughts on how to get this to work?

Hello there,

I am sorry for the long delay. Please edit the js/scripts.js file which resides in the sydney-pro-ii theme folder. Then remove the jQuery Waypoints script.

Please note that, it isn’t a permanent solution as editing theme’s files is not recommended way to do due to future update will override all files.

I’ve reported this issue to our developer and it should be permanently fixed shortly in the next version update of the theme. Please be patience.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

I checked your test page again and looks like it’s working fine. Let me know if you have any other else we can assist.

Regards,
Kharis

It works on the test page, but on the production ‘front page’ it does not:

Production ‘Test’ page: https://tyndalebibletranslators.org/test
Production home page: https://tyndalebibletranslators.org/ (near the bottom, just above the other circles)

Hello there,

Try flushing applied cache as it may not load the recent changes you’ve made. https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

tried that (cleared everything for ‘all time’), no change in symptoms…
same issue in Firefox.