Want to start a blog on my company page

Hello,

Not sure if you can help but if you can that would be great…
I created a new page on my site to use for a blog and I cannot edit or remove the menu that is on page and it opened with the block editor instead of beaver builder? Also what is the best plugin for a blog?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

There is no need to add extra plugin to enable blog page for your website. Because it is already available by default on your WordPress website. Here are the easy steps to enable it:

1. Create a blank page and name it with “Blog” or anything else you prefer
  2. Choose your newly created page for “Posts page” option when static page enabled for “Your homepage displays” under the Dashboard > Settings > Reading
  3. Save setting

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 11.12.04

Adding further, when the blog page opens, it won’t display any content added into the page either with page builder or not. Because the page acts as posts archive index page.

To show different menu specifically on blog page, you’ll need an additional plugin that allows to manage menu items visibility like If Menu.

I hope this reply helps. Let me know if you have different concern.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Thank you! The blog page setup worked!

So I have to use the If Menu plugin to remove the menu display or edit it on the Blog page? I would like for it to display on top as it does on my other pages. Not sure why it displays different on this page?

I also want to remove the copyright canine pro 2018 - all rights reserved and serving long island for 20 years but im not sure how to do that?

It may sound too complex at the first time if we didn’t know about conditional tags, that is used by the plugin. I’d recommend study the conditional tags and use it with the plugin as per your requirements.

Seems likely it is a separate question. And I think, it should be better if we continue on a new topic. Please raise a new topic for this and use one topic for one question to avoid endless discussion.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Great thank you! There is no way for me to add just a title at the top of the page? On mobile it looks like the title of the page is the title of the first post.

Hi,

Currently there is no option to show title on the blog index page. But you can do so with additional Java Script. Try these steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    ;(function($) {

if ( $( '.blog' ).length ) {
        $('#primary.content-area').prepend('<div class="blog-page-title">Your Blog Page</div>');
      }

})(jQuery);	
  1. Update

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like