Video Slider On Welcome Page

Hi there,
We were testing out the video feature on Moesia Pro theme. We’ve added 1 video link, seems to be working fine (on desktop). How can we display multiple/random (3-4 different) videos on the Welcome Page/Homepage top area?

We are given the option to add up to 5 images under ‘Slider’ option. Would be great to make it work for videos as well. Or Images + videos combo works too. We’ve seen this as a popular/basic theme on many websites so this is not really a customization.

Secondly, if we were to show the video on smartphone/tablet - do we need to convert this video to something else?

We’d very much like to use videos as a welcome screen background for better attention. Please assist.

Hello,

You can try to use the Crelly Slider plugin in order to achieve that:

Here is its documentation page:
http://crellyslider.altervista.org/documentation/

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,
we tried as you suggested. However the video doesn’t load. Tried both youtube/vimeo IDs…

We created a slider named video_slider (alias) and added a youtube ID there. In the preview, the video was loading. Next, we went to the admin menu, customize application -> Crelly slider -> Enabled this option and entered the alias as requested. But still nothing is getting displayed.

Please refer to below images for reference. There are 3 things shown in the image (i tried uploading 3 separate images fo rbetter clarity but I am restricted to only 1 image as per guidelines). Step 1 shows the video ID embedded successfully. Step 2 shows the slider name alias for this. And step 3 shows enabling of crelly slider but on the right side, the video doesn’t load and shows blank area. The video isn’t loading, tried on smartphone/desktop, youtube/vimeo.

The main reason why we chose Moesia Pro theme was to enable video sliders on the homepage. Really looking forward to make this work else unfortunately we’ll have to ask for a refund.

Hello, can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check your header?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,
Here’s the link - https://wideurl.com/r/64615/140cWqDF2W

Also here’s the settings for Crelly Slider with a sample youtube video

Thanks

Hello,

You can try to deactivate all your plugins except aThemes Toolbox, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Crelly Slider, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Done as suggested, that area is still blank. You being a moderator, i can allow you access to the website if you’re comfortable with it.

Okay, it might be easier to use the Layout Slider widget at the top of your content area instead of Crelly Slider plugin in header. That widget has a background video option, here is its documentation page:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi,
I tried your method but the video didn’t load as it would if we enable “Video” option be default. Well, thanks nonetheless, time to ask for a refund :frowning:

OK, you are welcome.

I tried your method but the video didn’t load as it would if we enable “Video” option be default.

I’m not sure what you mean, can you please provide more details regarding expected behavior?

Well, thanks nonetheless, time to ask for a refund :frowning:

Should I consider your message a refund request or you still would like me to try to help you?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Dear Roman, I’ve responded via email. Kindly check if possible and let me know.

Hello,

I don’t think that it would be easy to schedule a screen sharing session, unfortunately.

But I’ll try to provide as detailed instructions as possible. First, add this CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section in order to fully stretch the widget:

.widget_sow-layout-slider.container {
    max-width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
}

Then add a new row, go to the row settings, expand the Layout section and select Full Width Stretched option for Row Layout.

Activate the Layout Slider widget in Plugins → SiteOrigin Widgets section, then add it to the new Full Width Stretched row.

Then you can follow the widget documentation that I mentioned above.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support