Video header

Hi there,

I’m just trying to set up a video header but nothing seems to work, can you help me?

What i’ve tried:

Appearance->customize->header area->video->mp4 link (youtube link) ->header area->header type->“front page header type”-> video-> save & publish. Already tried with vimeo links, but the same problem. How do i configure then the video header? Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

It won’t work with the Youtube video URL, I am afraid. That isn’t a video file URL actually. Use this free video converter web service if you don’t have video files in mp4, webm, and ogv formats, yet. Once you’re done, download the files to your drive, then upload it to media library. Login to your site admin area > Media > Add new. Now you will have the video file URL. Copy it, then paste into the respective video link fields in Appearance > Customize > Header Area > Video.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello khakis, I did the conversion to mp4 and the size is below the 8MB and I see the video in the small header section but it does not display on the actual site. I’m using Safari. See screen shot attached.

Share a link to your site, please. So I can inspect what instances that might be blocking it.

Have you tried with other browsers?

Regards,
Kharis

Here is link http://box5278.temp.domains/~adriaoi7/?epc_purge_all=1

So I changed the header type to video and now it works. However, I would also like the slider which displays the primary tagline of the page? In other words, how do you combine the two?

Hello there,

Not really sure if combining those two is easy task to do. There’ll be much time to take to develop such that feature. I wish that it could be added in the next feature if there were enough demand.

Regards,
Kharis