Video Header without controls

Dear @roman,

I want a video header like this one: https://www.finezzvisuals.nl
But the one i showed you is in the background with a layer on top and i just want a video playing without controls or anything suggesting it is playing from youtube and without any layers above it like it is now with the foto. Now the video isn’t playing from youtube.
my website: https://www.crystalpurewater.eu

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Did you try to add video in Customize → Video section?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

Yes i did, but the video will not be displayed.
(see picture)

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I’ve just checked your website once again and saw a waterfall video, have you already resolved this issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

No, if i put an youtube link in the same area nothing happend.
I now have an video uploaded to my media and playing from there but the video is to short and low quality. I want this video playing :https://www.pexels.com/nl-nl/video/1777361/
But I can’t upload it as i did with the video you saw. Because the video is to large and when i paste the link nothing happend. Same problem with youtube.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Dear Roman,

Also the video is not playing on mobile devices and I would like if it did!
Also I did some css to remove the top padding on the menu and banner.
But it does not work on mobile (iPhone X) in private mode.
I have used the following:

container .page .page-wrap .content-wrapper.container {
padding-top: 0;}

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

No, if i put an youtube link in the same area nothing happend.

• You can’t use YouTube video for Perth theme header at this time, unfortunately.

Also the video is not playing on mobile devices and I would like if it did!

• I’ve just checked your website on Android 9 phone with latest Chrome browser and header video worked well. Did you try to view your website with mobile Chrome browser?

Also I did some css to remove the top padding on the menu and banner.

• Please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

My host updated the filesize and now it is online.
My goal is to get it as a background automatically playing like the behavior on pc. So now controls and popup jist play in the background.
I also want the buttons and text to be visible. Is there a conversation were this is already done?

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

My goal is to get it as a background automatically playing like the behavior on pc.

It’s mobile browsers issue, many of them don’t allow autoplay to use less mobile traffic. And I don’t think that there is an easy way to change that, unfortunately.

I also want the buttons and text to be visible.

Please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Dear Roman,

Thank you for the answer. I had one question about it…
If you open this website on mobile it will automatically display the video like I want.

Is it possible to do it like they did?

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, but you can experiment with video plugins.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

1 Like

Dear Roman,

Is it possible to have a video header on desktop and tablet?
On tablet it looks okey… But there is a glitch, the video disappeared after some seconds. Then the whole banner is gone!
And a normal image banner on mobile.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Okay, you can disable video header and add a full width row at the very top of your home page.

Then you can try to use something like Smart Slider 3 with a video slide (you can add plugin shortcode with default Custom HTML widget), or Video Background plugin.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

1 Like

Dear Roman,

Thank you for the idea’s i’ll look into it.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

You are welcome Kevin!

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

1 Like