Video background

Is there a prebuilt function for fullscreen video background? Or do you have any tips about how to make it?

Hello,

Please try to do the following:

1. Go to your DashboardAppearanceCustomizeHeader areaHeader type → select Video → click Save & Publish button.

2. Go to your DashboardAppearanceCustomizeHeader areaHeader Media → set a video → click Save & Publish button.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I can only choose image or menu. There is no video option.

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, but at the moment I am experimenting with another video code :wink:

dev1.nyhemsida.eu

Thank you for the link. It looks like you have already added video, do you still need help?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I would like to have your help if the theme as a prebuild function for showing fullscreen video. I have not succeeded with my code yet ;(

What is your WordPress version and Astrid version?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Wordpress 4.7.3 and Astrid 1.10
(I also purchased the Astrid Pro as i was going to use the portfolio but it did not work with filter and therefore I have uninstalled it)

Can you please try to update to Astrid 1.14 and visit the section that I mentioned in the first answer once again? Please remember about importance of regular full site backups.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I downloaded the theme from your page but I got the same version, the old. How can I download the latest?

Thank you for pointing that out, you can download a fresh version here:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you! I am going to explore this new feature!

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Feel free to create a new topic if you have more questions.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for the new version!
2 things:

• after using the full screen video intro I got bad results on google speed test and pingdom. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve?

• I woudl like to have some blog posts on the front page, displayed as on the archive page. How can I achieve the same lyout?

Thank you very much for all support!

Hello,

1. I think that it’s natural that video increases page load time. You can check this article:
    https://www.sitepoint.com/10-guidelines-better-website-background-videos/

2. Please create a new topic for your second issue in order to make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks

You are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.

I am trying to use a video uploaded to my media folder (via FTP) and I can not choose the file from admin. I can not either put the url to video. How can I do it?
(WP does not accept that I upload the video via admin, too big)

Hello,

You might want to check these plugins:

Kind Regards, Roman.