Video background on mobiles

Hi

Is there any way to make a larger header on mobiles (I am viewing it on Iphone, if that makes a difference)? I am having a video background, and I can see on my previous site with a header picture, that it is much larger and is covering the fold.
Is it possible get a header in that size?
The site is still this one: :slight_smile: http://tobiasnielsendesigns.com/doxafilm/

Best regards
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, unfortunately.

By the way, by default mobile header is not fixed and video would look centered.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

I can also see that the video header is not working either in portrait or landscape mode. Do you know, how to get the video to work?

Best regards
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

Can you please specify affected device and browser?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I see it on Iphone 5. To compensate, then the 2 div, which contain the logo and the btn-menu, I have given them an extra class each called header-logo and header-menu. The classes are styled with width 50%.
Then it works like this, which is fine: image (that is 490 px.) But I am wondering if the classes are there with the next theme update or do they get deleted? :slight_smile:
Here I can start the video manually, but it could be nice, if it starts playing automatically like on a desktop. Is that possible? :slight_smile:

Hello,

1. It depends on how you added those classes. If you modified theme PHP files directly, then you’ll lose modifications after theme update. If you modified theme PHP files and override them in a child theme, then everything should be fine.

2. I don’t think that there can be an easy solution for mobile video autoplay, here is an interesting article about that:
    http://walterebert.com/blog/html5-video-autoplay-mobile-revisited/

Kind Regards, Roman.

1. About the header on mobile devices. I tested it on another site and it seems like I inserted it the wrong way. I should had known that already, because I inserted direcly in the PHP files as you mentioned. But is it possible to have a menu looking like that without editing the PHP files, any ideas?
    Otherwise I think, I go with an image instead on mobiles :slight_smile:

Best regards
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

This topic gets confusing, please create a new topic for your current issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman

Do you recommend, that I use a image for mobiles? I had tried with an Iphone earlier, which was not that good and on my Oneplus 5, I have to touch the logo, before the video starts showing.
That is why, I am wondering, what you recommend people to do? :slight_smile:
If an image will be the best, are any ways to get it to cover the full header?

Best regards
Tobias

Hello Tobias,

I’m not sure what exactly is your issue, but please create a new topic to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you. I’ll close this topic to avoid confusion. Hope for your understanding :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.