Using the "Services" Slug

Hello,
I’d like to use the services slug on my page, but it’s already owned by the Services post type. Is there a way to code around this?
Site is www.alphacopies.com.
Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately you can’t use the same slug for services post types and services page too, so the same link can’t be used twice, if you want to use it for a page, then you may need to modify the custom post type’s name to something else.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Is there any way to disable the Services post type or overwrite it with code? I won’t be using the Services post type and would really like to use the URL www.alphacopies.com/services
Thanks!

Hi,

Please try to rename your “services” post type using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/cpt-editor/

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, that only allows me to change the descriptions, not the slug itself.
I have poked around in the Sydney Toolbox a bit and I think I found what I need to change.
In the file
sydney-toolbox/inc/post-type-services.php
am I correct in thinking I need to edit this
$slug = apply_filters( 'sydney_services_rewrite_slug', 'services' );
to whatever I want to change it to?

Hello,

it should work if you use this in a child themes functions.php:

function sydney_custom_services_slug() {
    return 'add-your-custom-slug-here';
}
add_filter('sydney_services_rewrite_slug', 'sydney_custom_services_slug');

Best regards
WeAreOne

Thank you for the assistance! I’m having trouble getting the child theme up and running. I have been using ElegantThemes’ Edit CSS capability in order to edit the stylesheet, so I have had no use for a child theme yet.
Instead of setting up a child theme, would I be able to add this function via a functions plugin (such as My Custom Functions)?
Also, just to clarify this: the function you gave me will make it so that I can create a page with the permalink www.alphacopies.com/serivces, correct?

Hi,

That code may also work if you add it to your Parent Theme’s functions.php, but you will loose the code after updates, or you can try this plugin to create a Child Theme: https://wordpress.org/plugins/child-theme-configurator/

Best Regards,
Csaba

That plugin is exactly what I needed; it’s now up and running: www.alphacopies.com/services
Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba