Using child theme front page on existing site

I installed Sydney Pro and used Elementor to edit the demo front page to get the layout and content I wanted. Then I saw the Finance child theme. I have customised the contact info bar above the header with CSS to change the colour and saved that customised demo front page as a template. Now I want to use this customised front page from the Finance child theme as my front page, leaving the other pages as they are. How do I do this without losing my existing front page layout and content. Do I have to create templates for all individual blocks, then start a new front page with the child theme template without content, then upload the block templates?

Hello there,

Please provide a link to your site to help us checking and comparing it.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis,

Our site is https://karytechsolutions.com. We are happy with the way the site is except for the front page header which we want to look like the example on the demo site our web developer has created using the Sydney Pro Financial child theme. That front page has been saved as a template named “Finance Home Page for Karytech” however it contains filler content blocks that we do not want to replace those on our site. This template is attached to this email.

My WordPress Website – Just another WordPress site

This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes).

karytechsolutions.com

To reiterate, what we want is to replace the standard Sydney Pro front page header with the one from the template so that it displays the red contact information bar and the white menu bar. All the other content is to stay the same as it is.
Thanks,
Kathleen

Can anyone help with our question about adding a header from a child theme without losing content?

Hello there,

Please also share a link to the page you composed with Finance child theme, so I have something to compare. Because seeing one site didn’t help me. Sorry :frowning:

Regards,
Kharis

The site, is a subdomain of another site just set up to use as a demo to familiarise us with the Sydney Pro theme.We want to use the header from the front page of http://karytech.boomerprosperity.com/ with the menu appearing on its own background (from the finance child theme) on the karytechsolutions.com site mentioned before. We do not want to lose the content we have already created on the front page, nor do we want to change any of the content or layout of any other pages.

Hello there,

Try adding the below CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.site-header {
      background-color: #fff;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis, that worked, appreciate your help.

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis