Uploaded images are blank

First I apologize if this topic is already addressed somewhere else, but if it is I’m not searching for it using just the right words so please refer me?

I’m new to both Wordpress and Sydney. My site is only in a dev environment so far with no content but runs on debian linux kernel 3.16, worpress version 4.4.2, sydney version 1.25.

When I upload files to the library, I’m getting the broken image icon instead of a thumbnail. I get the same when I point my sydney header->slider->first slide to the images in the customizer and a blank background on the page itself. Yet when I go to the image library editor, I see the image just fine.

I have verified permissions on all the worpress and sydney directories. Please offer me some suggestions or pointers or references to get me going?

Thanks!

Hello there,

There might be a plugin conflict leads such this issue. Could you please try to temporarily deactivate the all non-required plugins? You would need to clear the all caches once you are done.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, thanks for your response!

I have only three plugins :

Akismet - deactivated - v3.1.7
Page Builder - activated - v2.3.1
Toolset Types - activated - v1.9

The last two I believe are required by Sydney ? I can deactivate them too if I’m mistaken about that. Just let me know.

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

> The last two I believe are required by Sydney ?

Yes, they are required plugins. Just try to deactivate them all. If the issue still remains, try to temporarily switch to the default WordPress theme.

Regards,
Kharis

Well, that answers that question: With all plugins disabled and using the default wordpress 2016 theme I still have the problem.

Clearly NOT a problem with Sydney.

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you for updating me.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions relate to the Sydney theme, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis