Upgrading to Sydney Pro

Hi

Im updating to Sydney Pro since I really need woocommerce. Ive read the steps here:
http://docs.athemes.com/article/111-upgrading-from-sydney-to-sydney-pro

Is there something else I should do before I go ahead an update? Made some changes in the footer.php, will that be overrided? Im not using child theme.

Please inform me if there is something else I should do. Seems like people had problems with site crashing when they upgraded to Sydney Pro.

Sincerely

> Is there something else I should do before I go ahead an update?

The next step is to check whether you’ve ever done customizing your site directly in the theme’s core code or via child theme. If so, you will need to transfer it to child theme.

For more detailed information about child theming, please visit these links:

You can use our premade Sydney Pro child theme for your starting point.

In your case, to transfer your changes in the footer.php file, copy the footer.php file from main theme to child theme folder, and then compare and adjust with the changes you’ve done.

I hope this reply helps. Feel free to ask if further questions come up.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

No I havent used a child theme so I guess I have to transfer it to child theme before I go Sydney Pro then. The only “codechanging” is in the footer.php. Every other change is done within the theme and custom css plugin. The site is

> No I havent used a child theme so I guess I have to transfer it to child theme before I go Sydney Pro then.

Yes, you’re right. For Sydney child theme, you can download it from here.

Regards,
Kharis