Upgrading from older version (1.50)

Wordpress version is 5.3 with PHP version 5.6.40.

I am in the process of trying to upgrade to PHP 7.2 and as part of that wish to upgrade Sydney Pro. Sydney Pro is currently at version 1.50 and I just renewed the license for it.

I can see that I need to perform the manual update because of the changes from 1.57 to 2.0, but before I switch themes and delete the old version of Sydney Pro, I’m not clear on how I can make sure that I save my customizations. Can you please help me understand how I can perform the upgrade while preserving the changes made in the Theme Customization panel?

Hello, please check this Sydney Pro documentation page:

Also please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://wordpress.org/support/article/wordpress-backups/

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you for your response. I bought the new version yesterday and put the new key in the old version and now it says “License status is unknown.” If I upload the new theme, will everything transfer over or will I have to start from scratch?

Someone made the site for me and I am really in over my head right now…

Hello,

If I upload the new theme, will everything transfer over or will I have to start from scratch?

Everything should transfer if you follow the instructions that I mentioned above, but it’s still good to have a full website backup in case something goes wrong.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support