Upgraded to Sydney pro after my Sydney free site has been hacked

Hello there,

I am trying to fix a problem that seems to be very persistent. I deleted everything on my account and started fresh with downloading Pro. As soon as I installed the starter page (which was the same I previously used) my ‘comments’ came back. The account and files were all deleted previously and I upgraded to make sure that the version I am downloading could not have any viruses. Now I am back to square one.
Could you please help?

Hello,

First thanks for your purchase!

You said “comments came back”. You are receiving spam in your comments section, that’s it ? If yes, my suggestion for you is enable the Akismet plugin. This is a plugin that already comes with WordPress by default, you just need to activate/enable. If your WP installation does not have this plugin, you can download and install trough the link below or Dashboard > Plugins > Add New and search for “Akismet”:

You said “I deleted everything on my account and started fresh with downloading Pro”. For a completely new fresh installation you should clean the database too. A good plugin for this purpose is WP Reset:

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo,

aThemes Support