Upgrade to perth pro

Hey Guys,

I’d like to upgrade my wordpress site from Perth to Perth Pro, without losing all of my custom changes to the existing site.

The only reason why I’ve upgraded is because I’d like to use the Crelly Slider on the home-page to cycle images. If I lose a couple days of work because of this function, then I’ll have to look for other solutions, and will have to ask for a refund.

Is there a possibility to do this somehow?

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

What kind of modifications you done to your theme? Have you modified the theme files directly? or in a Child Theme.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I’ve made some minor changes to the functions.php, the stylesheet (style.css) directly in the theme. (I don’t really work with wordpress, so I’m not even sure what a child theme is).

These are minor changes, but finding all of the changes and adding them to the new theme is going to cost a lot of time.

I’ll make a backup of my directory and see how changing the theme to Perth Pro affects the functionality of the website.

I’m assuming that after the upgrade all of the pages (built with SiteOrigin) stay the same?

Kind regards,

Daniel

Hi,

You can create a Child Theme with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/child-theme-configurator/

Yes, all the pages created with SiteBuilder will stay the same ( if you have all the widgets and PageBuilder active ).

Best Regards,
Csaba

I would also like to upgrade to perth pro. I didn’t know I needed to download it when they sent the links (Lifetime member) and now they are expired. How do I install? No phone numbers on this site or in that email for even a contact.

Hi,

If something is wrong with your purchase, please contact charlie@athemes.com

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thank you Csaba. Great advice. Now working.

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please, feel free to open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba