Upgrade from Moesia with Child to Moesia Pro and YOAST compatibility

Hi,
is the Moesia theme still not compatible with the YOAST plugin?
Is the PRO version compatible with Yoast?
Can one easily (no complications) upgrade to MOESIA PRO from Moesia used with a child theme?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

Some Yoast features may involve a separate configuration added directly to the theme’s code. Because they’re not needed by some users. For example: Yoast Breadcrumb.

Can I ask which feature of Yoast you’d like to use on your website?

If you’re currently running a child theme for Moesia (free version), you’ll need to make an adjustment on your child theme’s header block. Because child theme only links to the specified template folder name.

Edit this line on your child theme’s style.css

Template: moesia

and replace it to

Template: moesia-pro-ii

when you have Moesia Pro theme installed.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,
thanks for your reply.

I’d like to use the latest Yoast Plugin Version but it “destroys” the homepage’s formatting. See screenshots. Can you assist?

Also, thanks for the Pro heads up. The only reason I would consider installing the Pro version is if the Yoast plugin would work there but obviously would prefer to use the version I got at the mo.

Regards,

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.23.52 Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.23.59 Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.24.36

Can you let me know the configurations you’ve done with your Yoast?

It would be better if I can inspect your homepage directly. Is it possible to share a link to your website here?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

the homepage’s formatting “bombs” right after installation before I even can attempt to the settings. Hence I directly deinstall.

The address is: www.adomeit-aufzugservice.de

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

As checked, everything looks fine. Here is the screencast taken when checking.

Seems likely it is browser-specific issue. Can you confirm that you’re using the latest version of web browser? Do you get the same issue on other web browsers?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

thanks for the feedback. Since the plugin “bombs” the hompage’s formatting I had to deinstall it hence you can’t see the issue right now. How can we proceed in order to solve this problem?

Hi,

You’re welcome!

Can I ask you to replicate your entire live site in a staging site with the plugin enabled? So I can sepearate investigate the problem. When you’ve done it, share a temporary admin login link, that you can generate with this plugin privately over direct message in this forum.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support