Updating Sydney Pro theme will it affect customization of Sydneyprochild theme?

Hi there, I need to update the Sydney pro theme to fix an issue with Woo Commerce templates. And I was wondering if updating the theme will affect any customization that my web developers have done in the Sydney pro child theme?

many thanks,

Richard

Hello Richard,

It wouldn’t affect your child theme’s code. The works have done in the child theme would remain. Before updating the theme, backup the current version in case the unexpected happens.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, thanks for the info I appreciate it, I performed the back up of my site and then updated the Sydney Pro theme. However once the update was completed wordpress defaulted to the main theme rather than the child theme, and in the Appearance / Themes section there is no Sydney-pro child theme that I can change the default to– would you be aware of this issue after a theme update?

FYI I restored the back up until I can find a solution to this issue.

Many thanks

Richard

Hello Richard,

Once you reached the message that displays like this

indicating that the theme has been successfully updated, you don’t need to activate it. You might want to return to themes page. Or leave that page as that is and navigate to any page you desired.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, many thanks for that I presume that the child theme is now using the updated parent version, though it has not fixed the woo commerce issue that I had thought it would. I’ll get back to them and see if I can sort it.

Many thanks

Richard

I just sent you a private message because I requested sensitive data to share. Let me know if you haven’t yet received it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis, I think the issue is sorted. Once I upgraded the theme as per your instructions I was able to upgrade the woo commerce plugins – this solved the issue that I was experiencing so I think everything is ok. Let me know if you still want to check things on your side.

Kind regards,

Richard

You did really a good job! I feel everything has been running well. I don’t need anything to check. I’ll mark this topic as closed. For future questions, feel free to open a new topic. Use one topic for one question and avoid asking multiple questions at once.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Kharis