Updating free site to Pro site

Hello

My site is at http://remitr.ae/home-4/ and I have used the free version of West theme. I have now purchased the Pro version which I want to apply on the same site without affecting any of my existing pages. Kindly suggest the best way to do this.

Hi,

If you want to keep the theme settings and everything I suggest to rename the pro theme’s folder the same as how it was your free version “west” ( in case it’s not “west” already, so if you have the same folder name, then WordPress will recognize it as the same theme, so will keep widgets and stuff in the same place.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I have only customised home-4 sample page. So once I install Pro, I should rename it to “temp”, then rename the free verstion to “temp1” and then “temp” to “west”. Is this understanding correct ?

Hi,

Before install remove the free version and before install un-zip the downloaded .zip file and make sure the theme is called “west” or how it was called the free version, then re-zip it and install, but this helps only with widgets setup and theme options setup ( in case the free and the pro versions of the theme have different folder names ), if you have only modified page sand posts, then you don’t need to hassle with folder re-naming.

Best Regards,
Csaba