Updated WP to 4.7 now page content can't be seen in admin

Hi,

I love Moesia but something weird has happened. I updated WP to the latest version, 4.7 and the Moesia theme is also updated. After I updated to 4.7, when I go in to ‘Pages’ and open a page to edit, I see nothing on the page. However, when I highlight the page, I can see that text is there. I see a blank page in both ‘visual’ and ‘text’ views. The page content looks fine in live view.

How can this be fixed? Thanks for your help.

To build on my last post, it seems the visual and text editors show the same things - HTML. And I see this only when I highlight the page, otherwise it looks blank. Help! This has affected pages, widgets, etc.

Hello there,

I’m sorry to hear you have run into an issue.

Could you please confirm if you have updated the Page Builder plugin as well?

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, it is updated to Version 2.4.21. The site is https://theanimalleague.org in case that helps.

Hello there,

Thank you for the followup.

Is there any other plugin you are running? To rule out plugin-specific issue, please try to temporarily disable the all non-required plugins. Then activate them one by one to find which one is possibly the source of the trouble.

Regards,
Kharis

I think the issue is beyond the plugins. Here’s what I found on WP help page: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-editor-missing-buttons-not-working-white-text-help-1/

Hello there,

The threads you shared has been marked as resolved. Have you been able to resolve the issue you were facing?

Regards,
Kharis

No, because I don’t have the expertise to do the phpmyadmin stuff! However, I guess this is not a problem with the theme, but rather WP. I have learned many people are having this same issue. It would be great if there is some code that you could provide to help fix it for your theme customers! Maybe outside your scope.

To close the loop: the issues magically resolved itself! It likely resolved after new WP releases came out, but I can’t be certain. Marking as resolved!