Updated to Sydney 1.44

After the update my menu changed to a hamburger button - can I go back to the old version (words across the top of the page)?

1 Like

I seem to have the same problem. After updating to 1.44, the menu in the header disappeared. It will show only if the width of my browser is greater than 1366px. On one website using the Sydney theme, the menu was replaced by the mobile menu icon, as happened to DanicaR. On another site I use this theme on, there isn’t even a mobile menu icon visible in the menu area.

I hope this is an easy fix. It is my desire that anyone using a browser at 1280px wide or more should see the standard menu. Anything less than 1280px wide could be considered a mobile device.

Thank you.

PS: My websites: https://mogramission.org/ and https://featherrivercountry.com/

1 Like

I have the same problem since the update this evening. There is only the hamburger menu. Unless I change the screen resolution. Can I go back to the old version??? It was much better for me!!
lwrs-smue.de

Edit:
In the Chrome browser, I have no menu at all. It flashes only briefly, then it goes away.

1 Like

Hello All,

I would like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience. There’ll be a fix for this coming shortly.

Quoted from our lead developer’s reply on the .org support channel.

we’ll add an option so everybody can set their preferred breakpoint for the mobile menu. Because this increase was also done on users request so it’s probably best that everybody does what they think is best for their website.

Regards,
Kharis

2 Likes

Thanks Kharis, I hope the fix will come soon. Thanks for a great style and your support.

Hi Kharis,

do you have an estimate on when the fix will come? Or should I try to go back to an older version?

Cheers,

Michail

Just wanted to add for anyone else reading this: My menu initially completely disappeared, but after I cleared my cache it finally appeared again. The new update seems to have the breakpoints messed up, such that it shows the hamburger menu for a resolution that’s still appropriate for the full menu. I can work on my site showing the full menu by making Chrome full screen.

At least I know now it’s not an emergency since the menu is still available for everybody! Initially right after the update, it was completely gone.

it works! (With version 1.45)
Great!
Thank you!!!

Hello everyone,

It has been fixed in the version 1.45 already. Please upgrade your Sydney theme. The update notes can be read here in this link. Thank you so much @vlad for your awesome works!

Regards,
Kharis

2 Likes

Hi Kharis, Hi Vlad,

thanks for the superfast fix!

Cheers,

Michail

You’re welcome Michail!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Alright then, we’ll add an option so everybody can set their preferred breakpoint for the mobile menu.

@vladff posted that and I would like to know where that setting is. I wasn’t able to find it in the Customize options.

Thank you,

Jim

1 Like