Update Brought Me Errors

Hi All,

I was working on website and did some changes (coding to function.php). Then I had a break for a few months. After that I updated the theme and it resulted in few problems:

1. Errors in style.css. It says: “There are 2 errors which must be fixed before you can update this file.”. These errors are:
    grid-template-columns: repeat(3, 1fr);
    grid-template-rows: repeat(3, 1fr);

Please advise what shall I do?

1. I added 3 taxonomies (coding in functions.php). For now, I don’t see any such code. The 2 taxonomies are still in place and working. The 3rd disappeared. I added it again through a snippet. But it’s taxonomy values are not showing everywhere it should.

Please advise any solutions as I’m stuck a bit.

errors

Hello there,

CSS validation isn’t part of theme’s code. It comes from WordPress system itself. It looks like WordPress should update as it still doesn’t recognise grid- properties.

At this time, you can use child theme’s style.css or WP Add Custom CSS plugin.

Could you share your extra code here?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks for reply.

1. Sorry, what shall I do for the 1st question? Any ideas how to fix the 2 errors?
  2. Sure, I can share extra code. Please tell what code exactly you need?

Hello there,

I am sorry, I don’t exactly know the purpose of those lines. It seems like that is a bit advance layout change. Fixing it requires exploration, testing, and troubleshooting; which will take several hours for me. Our support policy doesn’t allow to do so. Again, I am sorry :frowning:

I will discuss to our colleague @roman if there’s something he could help.

2 I added 3 taxonomies (coding in functions.php)

Did you know what code did you add in there? If so, please share it there.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

1. Those two lines look okay to me, here is a relevant page regarding the repeat() CSS function. So I think that there is nothing to fix if you don’t see problems with your shop categories on the front-end.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,
Yes, there is no problem on the front-end. However, what shall I do with those 2 errors at the end? errors2

You can leave it as it is for now since the code works.

But I added this issue to our list, so it might be fixed in a future update.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Noted, thank you. Please close this topic

OK, you are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support