Unwanted space at bottom of page... and unchangeable page titles

Hi there,

Theme is working pretty well for except for a few glitches here and there…

Here’s an example url:
http://52.16.136.243/beginners-course/

So there’s two 3 issues:

Issue 1. It isn’t possible to change the size of the page title (the first one) - even though it’s recognised as an h1 tag - when i try and change the size of h1 tags in the customization/editor it doesn’t work. Plus it’s off to the left slightly compared to the rest of the text which is slightly weird.

Also I’ve got a plugin that makes the page title disappear but this leaves a pretty big gap between the head and the first bit of text.

(btw it’s the same on every page apart from the homepage)

Issue 2. The timeline has gone a bit weird - Is there a way I can make it so the line lies evenly between the different ‘events’ bubble things? (this is the same on the other page in which I’m using the timeline feature).

Issue 3. There is a bit of random white space at the bottom of the page (it’s the same on every page apart from the homepage)… not really sure why it’s there - but i can’t get rid of it which is quite annoying! Any help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Here’s the url again:
http://52.16.136.243/beginners-course/

Hope you can help!

Thanks
Sam

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

1. Although it’s a H1 tag, it has its own size, though no option is provided for it.
    You can use a custom CSS plugin and add this to change the font size:

.hentry .title-post {
      font-size: 20px;
}

1. The timeline assumes icons will be used. That’s why it looks a little off.
  2. Use the Front Page template. This one is meant for use with the Page Builder. It has no top/bottom padding and it doesn’t display the page title.

Let me know how it goes.

Great, thanks Vlad!

I’ll give your suggestions a go and get back to you :slight_smile:

Hi Vlad,

I used the front page template for all the other pages and they are all fine now - thanks :slight_smile:

I have another question regarding the timeline though… how would i go about adding icons to that particular widget?

Thanks
Sam

Actually it’s fine just realised you go in the individual timeline events and add icons there!

I do have one last question… when you scroll down the page and the menu bar follows you down, the navigation options are quite close to the top of the page… is there an easy way to create a bit of padding between the top navigation menu items and the top of the page? (hope that makes sense?)

Thanks
Sam

Well, I was going to center the menu items vertically in a future update. Not sure if I’ll do it though.
Use this in a custom CSS plugin and let me know if you like it:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {
  .header-wrap .row {
    display: -webkit-flex;
    display: -ms-flexbox;
    display: flex;
    align-items: center;
  }
}

Thanks Vlad :slight_smile:

I have another issue - not sure if I sure start a new thread but i’ll try here first…

Basically, I changed the font on the site - and after i changed it, the colour scheme on the site went back to the original colours (with the main one being - red)

And now it won’t go back to how I want it - I’ve selected my main colour as a shade of orange but it won’t change now.

Have you seen this before? If so how can i fix it?

Thanks
Sam

Have another look at the way you added the fonts. It’s not correct and it breaks all the dynamic code that follows (e.g. color output).

Hey Vlad - yeah you were right. That’s it fixed now, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Vlad…

Sorry - very last question i promise :slight_smile:

Basically - the issue I’m having is to do with the ‘timeline’ widget…

If you go to this page you will see that everything is okay with the timeline, apart from the fact that the headline is far too dark. Is there a way to make the headline text white whilst keeping the text within the white speech bubbles black?

Thanks
Sam

1. You still haven’t loaded the fonts correctly. See the fonts video from the documentation page please.
  2. Looks like this plugin was causing the issue with the timeline and the issue is still present: https://wordpress.org/plugins/addon-so-widgets-bundle/
    They’re styling the .container class and they really shouldn’t do that.
  3. Regarding your question, only way to change the colors independent from each other is with this:

.widget_sydney_timeline .widget-title {
      color: #fff;
}

That’s it all fixed! Thanks a lot Vlad :slight_smile: