Unstable Pages on Mobile Site besides Front Page

The two websites that I have started with the Sydney Pro theme are very stable on my cell phone on the Front Page. But both new sites are loose and sloppy on the other pages that I have created viewed on a my cell phone, an iPhone 5.

You can experience this on http://WWEL.org

On the Front Page the page is stable and sturdy. In other words, it only scrolls up and down and there is NO side to side play or action on the page.

But however on the Contact Us page of the site viewed on my phone it scrolls up and down and it slops side to side in an embarrassing and un-userfriendly manner.

This is a priority for me. I used to make fun of websites that slop side to side when trying to navigate them on my phone. It was a salient point talking to prospects because all of my sites were stable an every page. Like this site here:

http://WACENA.org

You can experience the joy of navigating a mobile stable site there on every page.

I have been creating pages choosing the Eliminator Full Width option in the Default Template dropdown. Is this a mistake? Should I choose another template and leave it at Default Template?

Or what is the solution? How can I create websites using Sydney Pro that every page is stable with no wobble or side to side play in the mobile version?

Thank you much!

Hello,

I’ve just checked Contact Us page on the website that you mentioned above and noticed that reCAPTCHA block doesn’t fit.

I don’t think that there is an easy way to reduce the width of that block, but you can try to use the following CSS code as a workaround. You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

body {
    overflow-x: hidden;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you, Roman. I added that code to the specified field, but no
change. On the home page I also use reCAPTCHA, in the footer, but there
is no overflow.

I will try to shrink the field on the page and see if that works.

Also, I received a number of automated messages from the system
indicating that my responses were hidden after being flagged as SPAM. I
am at a complete and total loss on this one. There is no spam. I
supplied links and a screen capture per your specific request. Can you
see the responses I sent earlier? Or are they blocked? I don’t know
how to fix this. I’m not a spammer, just a dude trying to survive.
Thank you.

Roman, I tried decreasing the column size, removing the reCAPTCHA from
the form entirely, and I also tried shortening the text in the right
column to leave no stone unturned.

Also, I cleared the history and cache in the phone testing the Contact
page each time. I was actually testing all this on the other site I am
building with Sydney Pro. But I am shy of putting a link because of the
SPAM flagging on other threads.

The end result was the same. No matter what I did the Contact page
continue to have the wobble, side to side slop. The Front Page remained
stable each time.

I need every page in every site I build with Sydney to be stable and not
have the horizontal slop factor. I have built many other sites using
another theme, one I consider inferior to Sydney Pro. But never has the
Contact Page with reCAPTCHA been made unstable.

This is a very serious concern, as it looks completely unprofessional
and embarrassing. Any theme should be able to accommodate reCAPTCHA
without suffering this problem.

What can I do?

Hello,

1. I saw that your posts were mistakenly moved to spam. I unspammed them when I saw it, that’s okay, don’t worry.

2. I don’t see that CSS code in your Additional CSS, are you sure that you added it correctly and saved your changes?

3. You can try to add this CSS code as well to remove container mobile padding:

@media (max-width: 370px) {
	.page .page-wrap .content-wrapper.container {
		padding: 0;
	}
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

You are correct, Roman about the code. After trying the first code provided I removed it because it didn’t change anything.

Just now I tried this new code. The outcome was in the opposite direction actually. It caused every page to have that side to side slop. It really displays unprofessionalism when a website behaves like this.

So I removed it. I insist that an update should be made! Practically every theme available accommodates Google reCAPTCHA without breaking the page/site. Especially for the Pro version of the theme. We must be able to use reCAPTCHA without having to add code to fix it.

It will be a better theme. Thank you. I’m sitting on pins and needles.

Hello,

I understand your frustration, but this reCAPTCHA issue is there for years:

You can check this post that contains a workaround:

Please let me know if you need help with implementing it.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I don’t think we should give up yet, Roman. And we are on a roll solving other issues so successfully.

I have build a number of website using my previous theme, that I am trying to phase out - and phase in Sydney Pro.

Here is a perfect example:

WACENA.org

You can see on the CONTACT US page that the v2 reCAPTCHA works perfectly and resizes to accommodate any screen size.

So it can be done. I will do some experimenting on my end trying different approaches to creating a Contact Page. If I have any success you will be the first to know.

Maybe checkout wacena and see if it is obvious how is works on that site. Thank you much, Roman.

Roman, I abandoned the concept of a Contact Page on the WWEL site for now. I’m just putting the form in the footer because the reCAPTCHA doesn’t “overflow” and break the page or footer area.

But on another site LawsonCRE.com I am still hopeful of having a contact page. I know it is a tough issue, but there must be a way. Other sites like WACENA.org with a different theme don’t suffer this problem. On the bright side - we are making significant progress I feel on making the Sydney Pro theme the best theme.

Thank you for all the support- I would be helpless without it.

Dan

Hello Dan, try to use this CSS code, it should work:

@media (max-width: 370px) {
	#content .elementor-column-gap-default > .elementor-row > .elementor-column > .elementor-element-populated {
		padding: 0;
	}
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

It works, Roman! Perfectly. Thank you much, again! This too I feel
should be in the next update to theme, so it becomes a nonissue when
implementing reCAPTCHA.

Sincerely appreciative,

Dan

You are welcome Dan! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.