Unable to Use Service Slug

Hello, I need to use the ‘services’ as a slug but the Sydney theme is using it for it’s own built in Services functionality. Is there a way around this? This is a necessity. We have the child theme set up and tried to use the code that we found from this thread.

function  sydney_custom_services_slug() {
    return  'add-your-custom-slug-here';
}
add_filter('sydney_services_rewrite_slug', 'sydney_custom_services_slug');

The code above is not working for us either. Can you help us around this problem?

http://mc.aheliotech.com We have ‘Services’ listed in the menu. As you can see it does not go anywhere but back to the home page.

Thank you,

Hello,

How exactly you added the code that you have mentioned above?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

We downloaded the child theme zip folder and installed the child theme. We then pasted this code in functions.php in the child theme folder under the comment lines. We also have the child theme activated.

Thank you,

Hello,

Well, actually that code seems to change only single services slug and not CPT archive slug. I don’t think that there is an easy way to change CPT archive slug properly, unfortunately. As a workaround, you can use something like “our-services”.

We have ‘Services’ listed in the menu. As you can see it does not go anywhere but back to the home page.

As far as I understand, your issue is that menu item doesn’t link where you want. So where you want it to link?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I have created my own Services page with the slug of services. The menu item does not go where we want because the Sydney “Services” feature overrides it. The theme does allow us to use the slug of services…that is the problem. Not the menu link. I cannot change the slug to something else because I am rebuilding a site for a client that has many years of history with the services slug…I cannot change it.

Please tell me how to get rid of the built in Services feature for Sydney so that our page can load instead of being redirected with a 303 .

Thank you

Hello,

It looks like this issue requires some PHP coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.