Unable to find Editor in Appearance

Hi,

Till a month back, I used my editor under appearance. But now it is not being reflected under appearance.

I myself have the administration role, so there is no user role conflict.
My site is - www.mommyinme.com , kindly help me out to retrieve the editor.

Hi,

You can’t see Editor under wp-admin -> Appearance? Please try to deactivate all of your third-party plugins and check how it works then.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

hi,
how to know which are 3rd party plugins, I have :
1.Advanced Excerpt
2. All in one schema
3.Autoptimize
4. Google Analytics
5. IThemes securtiy
6. WP like button
7. Sumo Me
8. Pinterest pin button
9. WP supercache
10. WP smush
pl let me know which one?

Hi,

All of them are third-party plugins, by third-party plugins I’ve meant all plugins that doesn’t came or aren’t recommended by the theme ( like Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder for example, which you must keep active to make all theme features to work ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

I am having the same problem - I have the Sydney Pro theme and I always used visual editor in the SiteOriginEditor. Then just quite suddenly when I went to make some text changes recently, I can no longer use the visual editor option and I also can’t seem to save any new text changes.

I get this message when I try to add new content on any page and save it into the SiteOriginEditor:

“There is a newer version of this widget’s content available.RestoreDismiss
Clicking Restore will replace the current widget contents. You can revert by refreshing the page before updating”

The visual editor option is enabled in my administrator profile and I’ve cleared my browser cache. Also tried disabling all 3rd party plugins and changing my theme, yet still the same problem.

Hopefully you can help

Cheers,

Paula

Hi,

Please make sure to update your SiteOrigin Page Builder to the latest version, but after you’ve used the Page Builder tab, you can’t revert to the Visual or Text Editor without breaking the Page Builder options, so if you revert to visual editor and then use Page Builder, the Page Builder widgets and Rows will have to be built from ground-up.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Did this get solved ?
I also can’t see Appearance Editor to ad GA for example.
I have an older version of the same theme which I have not updated 1.55 and I can get to the Appearance Editor
Currently on 1.75
https://domain/wp-admin/theme-editor.php error “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

Hi,

Please check your permissions in your database settings and also make sure you’re signed in as Administrator.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
I am definitely signed in to WordPress as administrator.
How can I rollback to 1.55 theme?

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON fspandco\_wp291.* TO ‘fspandco’@‘localhost’ (not working 1.57 theme)
ANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON fspandco\_wp654.* TO ‘fspandco’@‘localhost’ (working 1.55 theme)

Hi,

The latest Sydney Theme version is v1.46, how do you have v 1.75?

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi @dazza17 ,

You’re using Sydney Pro, but this forum is for Sydney ( the free version ), if you’re using Sydney Pro please post to Sydney Pro Forums: https://forums.athemes.com/c/sydney-pro-2 We’re different Support Staff for different themes, I will close this topic, please post a new topic in Sydney Pro forum.

Kind Regards,
Csaba