Unable to delete category

I am using WordPress 4.9.5.

Problem:
I have a category which is missing the “delete”-option. Also it shows no check box in front of the category.
The category overview shows, that said category contains one project, but when I take a look at all the projects, then there is no project with the said category.

Assumption:
For me it sounds like some leftover data of a former project confuses the widget.

Please help me to delete this broken category.
Thanks in advance
Oli

Hi,

Please post a link to your website and post a screenshot about the category you can’t remove / location where you can’t remove the Category from.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Thanks for the quick response.

As you can see, it seems impossible to delete “Leistungen”.

Im sorry to say, that I can not provide a link as the page is not accessible through www.

Hi,

Please upload your website to a test server and give me an admin access to it in a Private Message, so I can inspect this issue further in your wp-admin.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I will, but how do I do this?

Hi,

You can send me a Private Message by clicking on my Name and Press the blue “Message” button, so the message you send there will be privately for me.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Ok,
but is there a way to make the website accessible for you without me setting up a new webserver?
If that is getting too complex you also could access the backend through TeamViewer.

Hi,

You must upload the site to a web-server and give me the link to your website in a Private Message and also an administrator user access ( username and password ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba

For reference:

csaba fixed the problem. Under wp-admin -> Settings -> Writing the category was set the “default post category” and thus it was undeletable. I have now set another category as the “default post category” and was able to delete the old one properly.

Thank you csaba for the quick and professional help.

Have a nice week.
Best regards
Oli

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba